How to Design a Fantasy Football Team Logo Jason Byer | August 3rd, 2016
The 2016 NFL season isn’t far away, which spells excitement if you’re playing fantasy football this year. But does your team logo inspire excitement? While your office colleagues might be excited about the team name, the logo is a powerful source of pride that shouldn’t be forgotten.
Picture your team sitting down at your favorite wing bar ready for the Fantasy Football draft. What symbol will you rally around? Will it look like a kid slapped it together in MS Paint or will the other bar patrons give you a nod of approval when they see your team logo? Here are some tips to create a team logo that creates excitement and pride all season long.
1. Think about where the team logo will be used. You likely want a logo that looks good when used on social media so the details should be clean and recognizable even when the image is smaller. Try to avoid packing too much detail into a small space.
2. Think of the colors that best represent your team. If you want to evoke certain emotions use this guide to pick the perfect one.
3. Do you want the emphasis on the wording of the team name or is symbol most important. If you have a clever name you really want to highlight you may want to design a typographic that is purely a design of your name (think of Google’s logo). If your not going to include the name into the logo make sure the image communicates the meaning of your team when the name is not shown.
4. Are you modeling this logo after a favorite professional sports team? A talented designer will be able to take a logo you provide of your favorite team and keep the same style so that people will recognize the similarities between the logos.
5. Team logos highlight the intensity and dynamics of your group. Get creative by building in an inside joke or some other form of mystery that let’s the world know that you need to be an insider to understand. This is your team so get creative with it.
Want to get your logo professionally designed? Choose from many logo submissions and work with the designers to fine tune and create the perfect logo that makes your team look like a winner. Create your fantasy football team logo today with crowdSPRING!
Image Source: Madison Cypher