Weekend Reads: Game Change Lauren Nelson | July 1st, 2016
It’s the end of another week. Maybe you’re wrapping up your workday. Maybe you’ve got a few more hours left. Maybe you’re scowling at your screen because it’s not really a weekend for you (we’re sorry). Regardless, we’re bringing you some grade A intellectual stimulation because we’re awesome like that.
- Fast Company has some thoughts on how the new Facebook algorithms might change the game for marketers.
- Recode is all over this whole feud between Spotify and Apple, which is worth watching if you’re considering building a mobile app.
- Forbes seems to think that maybe, just maybe, traditional TV can rival Chewbacca Mom. Having seen Chewbacca Mom in action, we’re not entirely convinced.
- Loads of companies are upping their spend on content marketing. What exactly does that mean? Econsultancy has a few things to say about it.
- We talked earlier this week about traditional digital advertising models being super flawed, but Google might be finding a workaround.
- ICYMI: Here’s a pretty killer collection of talks about how psychology and the branding game that we shared on Twitter. (Are you following us on Twitter? You should be following us on Twitter.)
And because everyone needs a laugh on a Friday….
- Grandma tries virtual reality out and can’t even. Same, girl. Same.
- If you think keeping a house clean is hard with small children around, check out these pandas.
- Snoop Dogg is making us into believers.
- We’re a sucker for cute babies around here, so enjoy this.
Live it up this weekend, folks! And if you’re celebrating stateside, have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!