Monday Motivation: Food for Thought Lauren Nelson | July 25th, 2016
Good Monday Morning! Well.. as good as a Monday can be.
As you settle into your workweek and plot your course of action for the hours and days to come, it can often feel like detangling a box of Christmas lights originally packed by a drunkard: trying, time consuming, and headache inducing. But it doesn’t have to be painful. Sometime you just need to frame the thought exercise the right way. Our suggestion? Make a list of questions through which you measure your decisions today.
Not sure where to start? Here’s some food for thought while you try to get things sorted:
- Yahoo! — once the king of internet valued at more than $125 billion — was just sold to Verizon for a mere $5 billion. Is your company innovating enough to evade a similar fate?
- In the face of a shrinking user base, Twitter finds itself having to re-explain itself to the public for the umpteenth time. Is your value proposition any clearer?
- Facebook is DOMINATING the social ad spend game. Is your company optimized?
- Brexit opponents failed because they underestimated the marketing klout of Brexit proponents. Are you underestimating your competitors?
- Sometimes life comes at you fast — so fast, in fact, that you have to pivot to avoid being steamrolled. These companies were quick on the draw and are reaping the benefits of speed. Would your company be able to move that way?
Just a few things to think about while you set your priorities for this week. Get to it!