Who are we? And, where do we come from? (2010 edition) Mike | April 5th, 2010
A little over a year ago, I wrote a post about the international flavor of the crowdSPRING community and I thought perhaps it was time to click the refresh button and see what’s happened in the past year. When I wrote that post, we had been in business for almost a year and we had had visitors from 196 countries; as of today we have had visitors from 219 countries and they speak 199 languages! On March 31, 2009 we had 9,148 visits and on the same day this year we had almost 12,000; a 31% increase! So, needless to say, we continue to grow in important ways. For instance, at the first quarter of 2009 we had 21,253 registered Creatives and 4,558 registered buyers on the site; today we have over 57,000 Creatives and around 15,000 registered Buyers!
Some quick facts about Visitors to crowdSPRING:
- As of today, our visitors come from every continent (don’t know for certain about Antartica – Google analytics doesn’t seem to break those visitors out into their own category).
- They spend an average of almost 12 minutes for each visit.
- Our visitors speak 199 languages.
- Top 10 visiting countries as of March 31, 2009 and March 31 2010? Take a look here:
Here is some more cool data(along with some neat charts) for further comparison….
Here are some updated facts about our Buyers:
- crowdSPRING buyers come from 73 countries, up from 41 a year ago.
- US Buyers account for about 79% of our projects to date.
- Buyers from Taiwan account for 0.015% of projects to date.
- Our busiest repeat buyer has already posted 36 projects on the site.
- Since January 1, 2010 we have registered an average of 225 new Buyers per week.
- As I write this, we have 15,099 Buyers registered up from 4,097 a year ago.
And some updated facts about our Creatives:
- Creatives who have won a project come from 82 countries, up from 51 last year.
- US Creatives account for about 43% of projects awarded to date, down from 51% last year.
- Creatives from Taiwan account for 0.018% of projects awarded to date.
- Our most successful creative has already been awarded 124 projects!
- Since January 1, we have registered an average of 818 new Creatives per week up from 401 at this time last year.
- As I write this, we have over 57,000 Creatives registered!